This is an in person workshop, located in Toronto, Ontario.
Due to site limitations, all prices are processed in USD.|
Class size is limited to three students.
Four Thursday night sessions: January 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th. 6-9 pm
Class Outline: In this workshop, you will learn how to sew with knits, using a sewing machine, as you make the Lola Sweater dress. This beginner knit pattern features princess seams, raglan seams, curved shaping throughout the garment, and ribbed bands. Learn how to understand and read a sewing pattern along with how to customize the pattern to fit you.
What you will learn:
• How to make basic pattern adjustments to suit the style to your body, such as grading between sizes, lengthening or shorten a pattern, and full or small bust adjustments if required.
• How to lay out and cut a pattern
• Sewing with knits is different to sewing with woven fabrics. You will learn which stitches are suitable for knits and how to set up your stitch settings for this type of fabric.
• Thinking through garment components and overall assembly of units.
• How to sew using a twin needle.
• How to quadrant edges and attach ribbing
• Knowledge of how to thread and operate a sewing machine.
• Some experience with using sewing patterns.
• This is a beginner level garment and is perfect for and beginner level sewer wanting to get more comfortable with garment sewing, or sewing with knits.
Learn more about the studio and your instructor here.
Please review our Class Policies before registering.
The Victory Studio
Palmerston Blvd @ College st.
Further location details will be sent along with your class information.
Contact: email@example.com if you have any questions.