This is an in person workshop, located in Toronto, Ontario.
Due to site limitations, all prices are processed in USD.
Class size is limited to three students.
In this workshop, you'll be making a beautiful, versatile Samara robe or cardigan in either a knit or woven fabric. This class will allow you to gain more comfort in working with sewing patterns and explores techniques for both woven and knit fabrics.
This beginner level garment features a relaxed, loose fit, 7⁄8 length sleeves with dropped shoulders, square patch pockets, a wide neckband and a belt that ties around the waist.
Learn how to:
- Lengthen/shorten pattern pieces according to your height.
- Customize pattern sizing to suit you.
- Lay out and cut pattern pieces.
- Mark fabric in preparation for sewing.
- Sew a dropped sleeve.
- Sew and turn belt loops.
- Properly apply interfacing to fabric.
- Sew patch pockets with a reinforcing stitch.
- Sew a slip stitch.
- Knowledge of how to thread and operate a sewing machine.
- This beginner level garment is perfect for someone who is new to garment making, or someone has some experience, but is looking to build skills with guidance.
Class Dates: March 30 - 31st: 11 am - 5:30 pm.
Two 6.5 hour sessions (Saturday and Sunday) with a lunch break at mid-day.
- Learn more about the studio and your instructor here.
- Please review our Class Policies before registering.
The Victory Studio
Palmerston Blvd @ College St.
Details will be sent along with your class information.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.