Samara Robe & Cardigan PDF
You can view the size chart, finished measurements and fabric requirements here.
SAMARA is a relaxed, loose fit cardigan and robe that features drop shoulders, 7⁄8 length sleeves, square patch pockets, a neckband and a belt that can be tied at the waist.
Version 1 is a cardigan style with the hemline ending just below the hip.
Version 2 is a robe style with the hemline ending just below the knee. This style works great in both knit and woven fabrics and can be sewn on a serger or regular sewing machine.
The Samara cardigan is perfect for a cool day when made in a warm, cozy knit. The robe is beautiful in a lightweight woven fabric on a summer night worn as a light jacket over jeans and a simple T-shirt or a dress.
Sewing level: Beginner
Wear it with:
- The Esther Pant
- The Frances Shirt and Dress
Pattern File Details:
- Tiled Pattern: The pattern comes in two files. If you desire to make the Cardigan only, you may print pages for that style. A second file is given, which includes both styles.
- Cardigan - 36 pages
- Cardigan & Robe combined - 44 Pages
- 36” Copy Shop Pattern: 1 page - 36” x 74” (92 cm x 188 cm)
- A0 Copy Shop Pattern: 2 pages
- Instruction Booklet: 14 pages
IMPORTANT: PDF patterns are delivered as a .ZIP file. Many mobile devices do not support this file type without the use of a third part app. Check with your device’s brand model to determine the compatibility with .ZIP files.
This PDF pattern includes:
- Full scale tiled PDF pattern formatted for both letter and A4 paper.
- Copy shop versions in both 36” and A0 format.
- Easy to follow, detailed instructions with lots of diagrams to assist you in sewing your project.
You will also find…
- Imperial and metric conversions.
- Lengthening/shortening instructions
- Full printing and assembly instructions for the tiled PDF.
- Printing permission letter for copy shop.
Knit: Light to medium weight knits with medium to high drape and moderate stretch: Jersey knit, French terry knit, sweater knits, double knits.
Woven: Light to medium weight fabric with a moderate to high drape: Rayon, silk, linen, tencel, challis, boiled wool.
Interfacing: Compatible with weight of fabric. For knits, tricot interfacing is recommended.